5.29.2013

We are now in Split in Croatia. It is beautiful here. Today is supposed to be 75 and sunny, and I see lots and lots of sun. I am uploading photos in the hotel room while the husband takes some students to museums and other students lay out on the beach. Priorities.

In between now and the last time I wrote, we spent more time in Graz, went to a couple of buschenshanks (wineries basically), had some wonderful dinner with friends, hopped a private bus to Zagreb, and then yesterday hopped on a public bus for Split. Buses normally don't bother me, but I was not happy about being sandwiched into my seat for 5 hours. The 14 hour busride from Sarajevo makes me want to scream.

These are pictures taken from the Sattler Buschenshank, which is just outside of Graz:



 And these are from the Kieslinger Buschenshank, which is about 30 minutes into the countryside. It was fantastic. I got kinda artsy here.










Some wine was served in this - how lovely 

The Kieslinger buschenshank, which you can also stay in


Flowers for my Auntie Em



Wine and water for the two tables

Artistic wine shot


This is the kaeseplatte, a platter of spreads and cheese. Very tasty.








Dessert - yummy!


On the way home from Kieslinger:











No comments:

Post a Comment